Here is the latest News Briefing from PARITY:
- A Case for More Men in Early Years Education 1
- Fighting for Fairness on Domestic Abuse 2
- News from Men and Boys Coalition 3
- Teacher Called ‘Free-Speech Martyr and Misogynist’ After Being Sacked by Eton 6
- What is BeatStress.UK? 7
- The Five ways to Well-Being 8
- Understanding the Male Menopause and Mental Health 9
- Open Letter to Maajid Nawaz 9
- The Sixth International Conference on Men’s Issues (ICMI20) – A Review, and the Future of ICMIS Including ICMI21 11
- Equalogist – October Edition 12
- Equalogist – December Edition 13
- Ladbroke Saga 14
- Domestic Abuse, Family Justice and Hate Laws 2020: A Summary 15
- PARITY Membership 20
- Funding PARITY – Gift Aid 20
- PARITY Legacies? 21
- Shoppers Help PARITY Funds at no Extra Cost to Them! 21
- Gift Aid Declaration 24
- Funding PARITY – Standing Orders
UNDERSTANDING THE MALE MENOPAUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH:
Male menopause can be a difficult time for older men, with symptoms beginning to affect their well-being; and with the COVID-19 pandemic halting normal life, it can have an even bigger impact on mental health.
It covers important topics such as:
• Understanding “male menopause” – separating facts from fiction, and why it can be misleading (and harmful) to group the different changes and conditions affecting men as they age under this label.
• The physical and emotional changes associated with male menopause why men should always seek a proper medical diagnosis for said symptoms.
• The effect on men’s mental wellbeing – from memory loss and lowered libido to secondary effects like fatigue, insomnia, and irrationality – and their impact on daily life.
• Helpful tips and advice for managing symptoms, lifestyle changes, and treatments that can help, and other useful information.
One of our Ex-Trustees who is a counsellor therapist dealing with peoples’ emotional distress, but not medically trained has reviewed the information and says the following:
This talks a lot about physical change and has lots of handy tips, advice about diet, vitamins, etc. (Vitamin D and Zinc helps the immune system especially if you get covid).
Although the phrase “Male menopause” in men has been used, it is part of the natural aging process which both sexes experience and the related psychological effects that it can have on us. The advice helps people feel as if they are doing something to help themselves, empowering people and helping them come to terms with what’s happening, in this case too their body and self-image are important to mental health. At the end of the day we cannot stop time, we have to make the most of what we have got in the moment and try and understand any distress we are suffering. However, it is noted that there is a promotion for a test on this website. PARITY is providing information to readers in good faith and NOT endorsing the advice or treatment contained in this article.
Gender parity in the UK:
We are now linked with https://genderparity.uk/, an alliance of groups and individuals working towards gender parity in the UK. Take a look. If you or your group would like to join the alliance, please check out the Manifesto and Statement of Values. Members of the alliance meets online each week to share what each campaign is doing, learn from each other and offer help.
Volunteer: Would you like to help compile The Equalogist?:
Would you join a small team to make suggestions for content, bounce ideas off, proof-read the draft etc?. Please contact: email@example.com
Messages for Men and ICMI 2020: The international conference was held over several days this year in the run-up to International Men’s Day on Nov 14th-19th.
December 12: Split the Difference March in Edinburgh Following the successful Split-the-Difference march in London in September, Edinburgh march was held.
Petition: Equality – Review of law:
This petition entitled: ‘Equality – Review all law, policy and strategy to meet the needs of men and boys’ asks Parliament to review all Legislation, Policy & Strategies to ensure men and boys are represented equally in the narrative or they are gender neutral. Started by https://split-the-difference.com/, they want both genders to have equality and their human rights served through services designed based on evidenced need. They have evaluated over 15 laws and the services they deliver, and believe the UK government has written these in favour of women and girls often excluding men and boys.
Group: Parental Alienation UK:
Parental alienation is a form of domestic abuse, where one parent or main care-giver effectively takes ‘exclusive possession’ of the child and systematically erodes the other parent from the child’s life. Parental Alienation UK welcomes any parent or grandparent who is being erased from their children’s lives. Their website has been developed just for you.
PARITY is one of few charities in the UK whose sole constitutional remit is to try to protect the equal rights of both men and women in our society. Our work is important despite ever more equality legislation which often creates unfairly new losers as well as winners. PARITY is run entirely by volunteers and is wholly dependent on subscriptions and donations to fund its work. Our subscription rate remains at minimum of £10 per annum. (Concessionary rates for younger members in Education and those in hardship). We hope therefore that you will join us or continue to support us, either by sending a cheque or completing a Standing Order Form.
Please use the loose form enclosed and complete accordingly. Alternatively, you may pay online via DONATE button on our website with your Reference Number: your surname/ post code/ initials (if more than one member at the address). If you are a tax-payer, please do consider also signing the Gift Aid form. Please therefore send in your renewal subscriptions for 2020 now.
Please disregard this reminder if you have already renewed your membership for 2020 or pay by Standing Order. In order to ease record keeping, it is hoped that members will agree to renew their subscriptions in future at the beginning of each calendar year rather than on their anniversary of joining.
View Full Article Here.
PARITY FEBRUARY 2021.